Friday, April 9, 2010

I'm Taking a Moment to Smell the Lilacs

FLOWER FRIDAY ;)~3

My lilac bush is in full bloom.  It is my first flower bush of each season to burst open with beautiful, large, white, fragrant blossoms. 
The sweet smell of  lilacs riding on the spring breeze happens to remind me of a particular person, my Grandma Graybill, lilacs were one of her favorites.

It's funny how our senses can jar and ignite the memory. Could be the smell of your loved one, the smell of the outdoors, a favorite food cooking on the stove, seeing an old friend,  touching an old quilt, hearing that old tune, or tasting your favorite holiday treat.   At some point today, slow down, don't let all those little things just pass you by; take just a moment out of your busy Friday, to touch, hear, taste, see, or smell your way to your own  sweet memory.  Happy Friday everyone, have a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, and taking the time to view my photo blog & my work. Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated.