Monday, May 2, 2011

"Prayer of a Hero"

Please, watch my country,  please, watch my people.
I'm leaving them in your hands, Lord.

You see,
it is MY job to protect them, but I have also have another job to do. 




A man known as a terrorist threatens to destroy the freedoms, that those of my brotherhood have worked so hard to gain. 

My time has come to complete the mission assigned to me,
to move forward through my task.
 I ask that you lay your blanket of blessings over the ones I protect,
as I leave them exposed in this land.
To ensure the safety, and freedom of our shores, forevermore. 

Bless them all, but MY country needs you more.

I have, but one job now.
My orders say "to kill"!
 I am off to hunt, come valley or hill.

I will not stop,
I'm on a mission to destroy.
For over 9 years I have searched to bring some closure,
to the families of the loved ones he has hurt.
In fear he has run,
cowardly. Just beyond the depths of my reach,
for far too long.

I am tired,
I long to see my family,
To smell the air of my country,
To feel the grass on my feet,
To hear the words of my children.
To smell the skin of my other half,
who protects my home while I'm away.

I am asking for your blessing,
not for myself,
but for the families who are forced to revisit a sadness,
we as a country could never have imagined.

It is now!
The time has come.
They need your protection,
I am heading that way,
I plan to finish my task today!

My countries freedoms have been threatened,
and lives lost at anothers hand.
Trust me, this one will not be played in,
by trumpet....or by band.


Watch for him passing by, Lord,
but you won't know him by name,
because his name will no longer matter.
To recognize him, you will only see,
fallen soldiers bringing for judgement,
 his evil soul your way, 
hand delivered, on a red, white, and blue platter.






jensparksart@sbcglobal.net

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by, and taking the time to view my photo blog & my work. Your comments and feedback are greatly appreciated.